Friday, May 22, 2009

No Pain No Gain (or Loss)

You've heard it before, those famous words that make us Chunky Monkey's cringe - "No Pain - No gain". I know its the absolute truth and I am feeling the truth all over right about now. I am proud to report that I walked 1.25 miles this morning and jogged the last .25 making it an even mile and a half. That's right, I said JOGGED! I then did a few pull downs with the weight machine in the garage to work my bat wings, and a few crunch type maneuvers for my "marsupial pouch". I'll try to bone up on my exercise terminology so you know what I am talking about. Doing it was bad enough, knowing what to call was more than I could handle for one day.

And then, to top it all off I actually weeded a yet-to-be-landscaped corner of my yard. For those of you who know me well - that never before seen occurrence ranks right up there with the virgin birth. I'll give those of you who are hyperventilating from shock right now just a second to catch your breath. After all, it's gonna take me at least a week to recover myself.

Needless to say to any of you who are "feeling my pain" - I now feel like I have been hit by a truck. My knees, my hips, my lower back, my feet, and even my hands from pulling weeds are all screaming and aching. It has only been 12 hours and I am fairly certain that by tomorrow morning, it might take a small crane to get me out of bed.

In the mean time, I'll just lull myself to sleep chanting "No Pain - No Gain" and hope that my husband is right. He assured me that if I "do it every other day for a week and you'll be over the hump." Bring it on.....but not until Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment