I feel supported and a little less like a weak failure today. A couple of days ago, Ron decided that he was going to follow my Dr. prescribed diet with me to be supportive. That was really nice of him and it does help me when I am not the only one having to follow the rules.
We went grocery shopping and out to dinner on Tuesday. By the end of the day, he said "Your diet sucks. We can't eat anything good." I smiled and said " See, it's not so easy is it. Now you understand what a struggle this is for me."
Seriously, NO potatoes, grain, rice, corn, pasta, or fruit juice and VERY LIMITED sugar and fruit. For a professed carbaholoic, this might as well be purgatory. The upside is as much vegetables, meat, cheese, peanut butter, nuts, beans and the usual diet no-no's like salad dressing, sour cream, etc. At least I do like those things.
We'll see how long he sticks with me, but at least for now it's nice to not be on the ride alone.
Thursday, July 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment