I go back to visit my doctor today for the first time in several months. I had to cancel two different appointments because of scheduling conflicts with work, and it takes me about 6 weeks to get another appointment. I started going to the doctor because my weight is in fact a medical condition that needs to be treated with medication. I chose a doctor who came very highly recommended for her maintenance views as well. I wanted a doctor who would see me more than once a year for accountability. I wanted to know an unbiased voice would cuss me out if I wasn't towing the line. I have been missing that accountability.
My kids asked for some gooey treats for our 4th of July tail gate party and I made them. Funny though that I am the only one that ate them. The one I like the most, I gave away the next day so as not to be tempted to eat the whole bowl, but not before having more than my fair share. The Rice Krispy Treats, however where another story. I just kept sneaking them. I finally threw them away so I wouldn't kill myself eating the whole pan. I new I shouldn't eat them, which is why no one else ever saw me eat them......
My kids have finally picked up on the diet principles. Now every time I eat something I shouldn't they ask "Are you supposed to eat that?" I do answer honestly that "No I am not.", but at point I am committed so I go ahead and eat it.
I really have struggled this summer. Lack of schedule makes remembering my mediation even worse than usual. Socializing with friends weakens my willpower to say no to things like alcohol and dessert. I have spent time doing things that I don't usually do to feel good about my appearance like getting manicures, tanning and even waxing my eye brows instead of doing the one thing guaranteed to make me feel fantastic - focusing on my lifestyle and weight loss. It's hard work and just too easy to ignore.
I hope Dr. Rice gives me a swift dose of reality today. If she chews my butt at least there will be that much of less of it to worry about losing!
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment